UniRocketeers Winter 2023-24 will feature 32 of Europe’s best University Rocket League teams competing for their share of a 5,000€ prize pool.
Teams must consist of students from the same university. A full breakdown of the rules and tournament structure can be found here.
To look for teammates and find out more information about the tournament, make sure to join the UniRocketeers Discord.
UR Winter Format
- There will be 4 Open Qualifiers, with 8 teams progressing from each.
- There is no limit to the number of Open Qualifiers a team can choose to play in.
- Each Open Qualifier will be a Double Elimination Bracket, consisting of Best-of-3 and Best-of 5 matches.
- 32 Teams (split into 2 Groups of 16) will compete in an RLCS-Style Swiss Bracket consisting of Best-of-5 matches.
- Each team will play a maximum of 5 matches. Teams who win 3 matches will progress to the Playoffs. Teams who lose 3 matches will be eliminated from the tournament.
- The Top 8 Teams from each Group will progress to the Playoffs.
- 16 Teams will compete in a Double Elimination Bracket consisting of Best-of-7 matches.
For more information about the format, make sure to check out our ruleset.
UR Winter Schedule
Open Qualifier #1
- Thursday 2nd November @ 19:00 CET
Open Qualifier #2
- Sunday 5th November @ 17:00 CET
Open Qualifier #3
- Thursday 9th November @ 19:00 CET
Open Qualifier #4
- Sunday 12th November @ 17:00 CET
Swiss Stage – Group A
- Wednesday 22nd November @ 19:00 CET
Swiss Stage – Group B
- Thursday 23rd November @ 19:00 CET
Playoffs – Upper Ro16, Upper Quarter-Finals, Lower Ro16 & Lower Ro12
- Wednesday 29th November @ 19:00 CET
Playoffs – Upper Semi-Finals & Lower Ro8
- Thursday 30th November @ 19:00 CET
Playoffs – Upper Final & Lower Ro6
- Wednesday 6th December @ 19:00 CET
Playoffs – Lower Semi-Final, Lower Final & Grand Final
- Thursday 7th December @ 19:00 CET
UR Winter Broadcasting
The tournament will be broadcast in English on the UniRocketeers Twitch channel and we will be working with our National Partners to organise alternate language coverage.
University Esports Programs and Gaming Clubs will also be able to broadcast their teams’ Open Qualifier runs by filling out an application form which can be found in the UniRocketeers Discord.
National Partner Leagues
Our National Partners will be running their own competitions alongside UR Winter. Each of these tournaments will have their own prizing, broadcasts and other features. Last year, 428 teams from 280 universities competed across all of our member countries.
The best performing Teams from each National League will qualify automatically to UR Spring.
- Germany – 2 Teams qualify to UR Spring
- United Kingdom – 2 Teams qualify to UR Spring
- Belgium – 1 Team qualifies to UR Spring
- Croatia – 1 Team qualifies to UR Spring
- Czechia & Slovakia – 1 Team qualifies to UR Spring
- France – 1 Team qualifies to UR Spring
- Hungary – 1 Team qualifies to UR Spring
- Ireland – 1 Team qualifies to UR Spring
- Netherlands – 1 Team qualifies to UR Spring
- Spain – 1 Team qualifies to UR Spring
To keep up to date with everything going on in the UniRocketeers Circuit, make sure to follow us on social media.